Healthy dining doesn’t mean tasteless food—just the way it’s prepared and cooked. Remember, having a clean diet is just as important as not depriving yourself from the good flavors of life. Get some meat in you and have that much needed energy for training.
Why not try cooking yourself something as easy as grilled chicken with mashed potatoes and steamed vegetables? Not only is it quick to prepare and cook, but it’s also very tasty, not to mention it gives you the energy you need for your training. What is more, your protein-loaded grilled poultry in its mild taste can work in just any type of dish. Together with mashed potatoes that feed you with adequate amount of carbohydrates, you get a runner-friendly meal with tons of flavor.
A tasty meal with loads of energy for your workout, this can be matched up with your own choice of low-fat or fat-free sauces for extra flavor.
Here, Sköhns teaches you how to whip up this simple recipe:
- 1 chicken chop (piece of raw chicken)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Prepare your chicken by cleaning the skin and making a couple of slits on all sides with a sharp knife.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Grill on medium heat, until the chicken is cooked. It takes an estimated time of 10-15 minutes.
- 3 medium size potatoes
- 2 tablespoons softened butter
- 1 teaspoon white pepper powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Peel the skin of the potatoes and boil them in hot water until they are very soft. Take them out.
- Put the potatoes in a bowl and mash them.
- Add butter, milk, salt, and white pepper powder. Mash until smooth.
- Serve hot.
Steam your choice of vegetables in a cooking pot. For this recipe, we used carrots and broccoli.
Location: Lot G-13 Perdana The Place, Jalan PJU 8/5G, Damansara Perdana
Current Operating Hours: 11am – 11pm